Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wiki Ed

so...how's it going? every year i forget that term 3 is just as, if not more, full on than terms 1 & 2! this term i have a student teacher (that's a good thing, lol), am making films with the year 9s, and am participating in the WikiEd project.

Wiki Ed offers Learning4Content: free workshops for teachers to learn how to use wikis. workshops are 2 weeks and take you gently (very gently!) step-by-step through the process of creating and editing in wikis. There are participants from around the world, and since WikiEd is a NZ-based project, there are plenty of kiwis too! It has been an invaluable experience, and I especially appreciate all the new contacts I have made to my PLN. I highly recommend you particiate in the project; the next workshop begins on 24 August 2009.

You can view my work-in-progress here.

(as you can see, i'm having an identity crisis w/capitals. i always type on the net in lower case, but on wiki ed i use a more professional register. does using lower case date me? is it a bad habit from 10 years ago? should i stop it? post your opinion in the comments section!)



1 comment:

  1. i'm a lower case typist myself - i only use caps for formal occasions [g]

    ReplyDelete